I started by attaching three vertical ribbons to the left side of the dresser, which was a whiteboard. I did this with a staple gun and staples, but your method may vary based on the material you are attaching to.
All of the bows on the two ribbons to the right are alligator clip bows. The second from the left are barrette closures. The far left are assorted, oddball closures along with snap clips and bobby pins. Hanging from the far left ribbon is a ponytail holder with all of their claw clips clipped around it.
This is WAY more attractive than the giant mess the drawer was before. I wish I had taken before pictures. It was ROUGH. Look again...I even color sorted each bow style.
That was great for the bows, but the girls still had a ton of headbands and head wraps to organize. After a few minutes of scratching my head, I headed to the kitchen to grab a paper towel holder.
Perfection! This worked great for all of their headbands and headwraps. This may be a temporary solution depending on how well it works out, but so far it is amazing.
Last, but not least....I needed something to do with the 85 million ponytail holders. You have no idea how serious I am...but you are about to. Since I had already robbed the kitchen once, I headed in there again for a finishing touch on the girls' bow-tique. A ROLLING PIN! You can buy a cheap one if you don't have one in the kitchen to spare. This is an antique one that was given to me as a gift. (I have five rolling pins)
This is probably my favorite solution out of this whole project. It fits perfectly inside the front of the top drawer too!
This made the bows much easier to see and access. It also protects her headbands from getting all smooshed and broken like they have been getting lately. The best part though....it freed up almost the entire top drawer for swim suits and accessories! Every girl needs a little more storage space.
Let me know if you use any of these solutions for yourself or your daughter. Keep crafting, and have fun!