Thursday, October 4, 2012

DIY Liquid Foaming Hand Soap

Making my own liquid hand soap is just the latest project in my quest to live cheaper.  The more items that I make for myself, the more I feel ripped off having to buy anything premade.  Making household items yourself brings such a sense of accomplishment.  Especially when you can do it yourself for so much cheaper than buying.

I looked all over for a recipe that I liked, toyed around with the ingredients, and came up with a plan.

Here is what you need:
1 gallon of water, tap is fine
1 bar (4oz.) all natural bar soap, I used Dial Naturals with a tangerine guava scent
2 Tbsp. glycerin


Start by heating your water in a large pot.  While the water is heating up, go ahead and grate your soap.  Once the water comes just to a boil, remove it from the heat and add the grated soap.





Stir until all of the soap is competely dissolved.



Mix in the glycerin with a hand mixer.  I didn't picture the hand mixer step because I am not that coordinated.  :o)  This will serve as a skin protector and moisturizer. as well as helping the consistency of your soap.  I recommend beating the mixture on low for about 2 minutes.  Just don't create too many bubbles.



Let the mixture sit overnight.  Some gelling may occur.  This is fine.  Use your hand mixer again for another 2-3 minutes. 



Now your soap is ready to pour into whatever storage container you choose until time to use it.

Note: The consistency of this recipe is really runny the first day you make it, but thickens up the next day. 

Enjoy!

Did you do this at your house?  Have a recipe you use different from this one?  Let me know about it.  I love to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. Organisms do not come only by doing. It can enter the body in many ways. So we have Eco-Friendly Dissolved Foaming Hand Wash Tablet. Which can be cleaned very easily. This is a very nice informative article. Thank you very much for sharing with us. Visit Us: Eco-Friendly Dissolved Foaming Hand Wash Tablet

    ReplyDelete