Monday, September 30, 2013

No Spend Month Week 3

Wow!  We have made it past the halfway mark.  We were under budget the first week and over budget the second week.  Let's see if we can level it out.  This week, I planned for us to be able to use 30% of our $350 month long budget.  I figure by the end of this week, we will be running out of some household items.  That means we planned to have $105 to spend this week.  Because we went $54 over last week due to some refueling, I really want us to come in at $51 or less this week to make up the difference, but even if we just make up some of the slack, it will be ok.

Day 1: Feeling like I am ready to take on the world.  I got sad about overspending last week, but now I am made about overspending  last week.  I am determined NOT to spend anything over this week.  Whatever it takes!

For breakfast we did cereal.  I really did offer to cook, but everyone was starving and didn't want to wait for food.

Lunch consisted of sandwiches. (Tuna, PBJ, Cheese, whatever everyone wanted)

I had a business event at supper time, but my fabulous hubby prepared some jambalaya for the family.  He is so wonderful.

Day 2: SSOOO sleepy, but feel like it should be a good week.

Toast and jelly for breakfast, then just a boring day at the house.

Fixed some hamburger helper for lunch.

Monday's are soccer practice, so we ended up doing grilled cheese sandwiches for supper.  Mondays are just hard to pull together with soccer going on.  Not that anyone really minds eating grilled cheese.

I had some business related errands to run, then came home to make cute Indian corn snacks for Laney's class.  I had popcorn and treat bags already in the house, but I had to pick up Reese's pieces for $4.74 and green crepe paper streamer for $.97.  We also had to have another $4.09 gallon of milk. 

Day 3: School picture day!  School snack day!  Had to get up early and make sure I was on top of things.

Breakfast was cereal all around, then I had to get the babies dressed and get us all to the school to drop off Laney's class snacks.  I was going to run get the oil changed, but by the time we got there it was pouring rain and packed out.  No way I was getting babies out in pouring rain to sit in the waiting area for an hour.

We did "homemade lunchables" for lunch.  Cheese and crackers...and a handful of carrots.

Supper was chili.  I know it is still hot here, but I just really needed some fall food.  Chili is an easy and yummy solution.

After supper, I was working on some sewing projects to busy my mind, but Hubby and I were having INSANE caffeine withdrawals.  I grabbed us each a soda :(  $2.58 total.

So far this week, we have spent $12.38.  Not so bad, considering I had to throw in Laney's class snack and we had a soda meltdown.  I'll post a how to for the class snacks later.  They turned out super cute.

Day 4:  I'm really pumped about some of my planned sewing projects....AND that we only have a week and a half left of no spend month.  It hasn't been as awful as I thought it would be if we can just hang in there.

For breakfast, I whipped up some cheesy grits.  Cheesy grits have to be my favorite.

For lunch, we had some broccoli and cauliflower in cheese sauce that I have stored in the freezer.  My kids actually do love this.

Mid afternoon I rubbed down a whole chicken with some spices and roasted it.  When it cooled I broke it down and shredded it to use for Day 4 supper as well as supper another night.

Supper was another of my favorites....chicken and yellow rice.  Can never go wrong with this at my house.  I also made some field peas to go along with it.

Day 5: My oldest decided it would be a fabulous day to miss the bus, so we were up and scrambling to get her to school on time this morning. Rough way to start the day, but we pulled it together.

Breakfast was fruit in the car!  We really were in a hurry!

We had to run get some milk from the store, so I picked up other things we needed as well.  We ended up with milk, cheese, snacks (you can't have toddlers without cheesy crackers and graham cookies of some sort), pullups, and diapers.  If you are a parent, you know how expensive pullups and diapers can get.  We ended up spending a total of $39.43, bringing the weekly total to $51.81.

For lunch we did leftover chicken and yellow rice and peas.

For supper, we enjoyed a FREE pizza from Domino's.  Apparently if they harassed your cell phone several years back, they owe you a free pizza....check it out.

Day 6:  Breakfast was completely skipped today!  My little boy, bless his pea picking little heart, flooded half of the house and I spent the majority of the morning cleaning it up.  For those that don't know him...this is the third flood we have experienced....it is kind of his MO.

For lunch we ate some hot dogs and fruit.  Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done.

Hubby had to stop and pick up dog food, so that knocked us back another $18.  Hopefully that will be the last thing we have to spend this week.  Fingers crossed.

For supper, hubby put together some jambalaya for he and the kids while I took care of some things for my business.

Day 7:  ARE WE THERE YET?!?!?!  I can't believe that we have a week and one day left to go!  Today has been the busiest day in the history of the universe.  5k, soccer game, business event, wedding, and a million miles in between.  I am exhausted!

Whipped up breakfast for the family as I dashed out the door to go do my first ever 5k!  After the 5k I rushed home to shower and change.

Made the kids sandwiches for lunch before dashing out the door again for my business event this afternoon.  Had a blast, but dipped out early to head to the wedding of a friend around an hour away.

PHEW! What a LONG week!

Can't wait to start our fourth and final no spend week.

No comments:

Post a Comment