Monday, September 10, 2012

Freezer Meals: One Mess, Eleven Meals...No Crockpot!

There are a TON of freezer to crockpot meals floating around.  I even posted about some last week!  While that is nice, not everyone just wants to use their crockpot every day...some people don't like using their crockpot at all!  I personally can't imagine avoiding my crockpot, but to each their own.

At any rate, I have been rifling through my recipe box this week finding recipes that I often freeze and put up for Once a Month Cooking.  I did a huge OAM cooking session before each of my younger children were born.  It worked out great for our family.  I don't know what we would have done without being able to thaw something out and throw it into the oven with little to no prep work.

These have been prepared over and over again in our home and truly are wonderful.  I can't wait for you to try them at your house!



Here is the list of recipes:
Sweet 'n' Tangy Pork Chops (makes 2)
Chicken Manicotti (makes 2)
Shepherd's Pie (makes 2)
For When It's Chili
Cube Steak Sandwiches
Chicken Spaghetti (makes 2)
Meatloaf
Tomato Gravy for Meatloaf

Print out the recipe sheets here.

As you can see, several of the recipes are designed to end up with two meals rather than only one.  This is great to have on hand for extra meals, potlucks, bringing to families for bereavement, etc.  Just make sure that you are using all of the meals within a safe time frame.  See my freezer storage safety chart here.

With last week's crock pot meals, I broke everything down into steps.  I cut veggies first, then meats, etc.  With this type of freezer cooking though, I actually prepare entire meals all at once before moving on to the next meal.

First, you need to review the recipe list, pick out which recipes you want to try, make a list of all ingredients that aren't already in your house, and go shopping!

Once you come back from shopping, decide where you want to start and dig right in!

One mess, eleven meals...what more could you ask for?  I try to clean as I go so that I have less to worry with when I am done.

Did you try any of these recipes?  How did you like them?  Let me know in the comments below.  I would love to hear from you!

Did you miss the printables?  Here they are:
Freezer Cooking Recipes
Freezer Storage Safety

No comments:

Post a Comment